Our Commitment to Sustainability
At Snyder’s-Lance, our commitment to sustainability is evident in our corporate culture. Our goal is to utilize products and practices which reduce negative effects on the environment. These actions involve, but are not limited to, conserving natural resources, including water and energy, embracing recycled content through support of strong recycling markets, and increasing of environmentally preferable renewable products all while reducing pollution, environmental health hazards, and materials that are land filled.
- We use low wattage high efficiency light bulbs.
- Motion sensors have been added to areas with low traffic.
- Meters have been installed on our ovens to control gas usage.
- We’ve reduced the size and thickness of our cartons.
- Water meters have been installed to control usage.
- Our delivery system has been optimized to use less fuel.
- Bulk material is delivered in reusable bags.
- Office printer paper is used for scrap paper or recycled.
- We now use 100% renewable corn based film for our new Variety Packs.
- Our shipping cartons contain up to 50% recycled materials.
- We use 100% recycled paperboard in our Lunch Packs.
- Plastic drums and barrels are recyclable plastic.
- We repair and recycle damaged shipping pallets.
- Office and printer paper is recycled or reused.
- We recycle: corrugated cardboard, shipping cartons, metal and plastic drums, office paper, stretch film, plastic jugs and buckets, meal bags, dry waste, salt, pretzel pieces, burnt chips, oil, petroleum, scrap metal, iron, potato starch, and potato peels.